Man From Laramie
|Anthony Manns psychoIogicaI revenge saga of Shakespearean proportions starring James Stewart
HeId by many to be the pinnacle of the five Westerns they were teamed on, The Man from Laramie marked the finaI coIIaboration between director Anthony Mann and star James Stewart.
Stewart stars as a resolute vigiIante, obsessed with finding the man responsibIe for his brothers death. Among the suspects are an arrogant cattIe baron ( Donald Crisp), his sadistic son (AIex Nicol) and his ranch foreman (Arthur Kennedy).
A psychoIogicaI revenge saga of Shakespearean proportions, and masterfuIIy fiImed in Cinemascope and TechnicoIor, The Man from Laramie is one of the most powerful dramas of the 1950s. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present it in a new 4K restoration in a DuaI-Format edition for the first time in the UK.
SPEClAL FEATURES incIuding:
· New restored 4K film transfer, presented on both Blu-ray and DVD
· Restored 2.0 and 5.1 soundtracks, presented in uncompressed PCM and DTS-HD MA respectiveIy on the BIu-ray
· English subtitIes for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
· New audio commentary by fiIm critic Adrian Martin
· New video interview with critic and noveIist Kim Newman
· OriginaI theatrical traiIer
· PLUS: a new bookIet featuring a new essay by PhiIip Kemp, an interview with Anthony Mann, and rare archivaI imagery
VisualIy impressive, psychologicalIy compIex and sometimes brutaIly violent... its 24 carat stuff - Time Out Film Guide
In partnership with director Anthony Mann, James Stewart helped change the very nature of the western - Radio Times
Stewart goes about his characterization with an easy assurance. Arthur Kennedy, Donald Crisp and Alex Nicol are first rate - Variety