Discover, draw and make artefacts from different cultures around the world in this fun and creative activity book - from beautiful Native American dreamcatchers and colourful Hawaiian leis to traditional Russian nesting dolls and carved Maori pendants.
Lonely Planet Kids' Around the World Craft & Design Book contains a mix of exciting projects that can be made from common household items. Colourful illustrations, photos and fun facts introduce young artists to different cultures and encourage them to create and showcase their unique designs.
- Designing your own woollen mochilas bag from Venezuela
- Carving a Welsh 'lovespoon' for someone special
- Building and playing a djembe drum from Mali
- Painting a beautiful pysanka egg from Ukraine
- Decorating a wau kite inspired by Malaysian design
- Making an Indonesian wayang shadow puppet
- Designing a decorative Nguni shield from southern Africa
- Colouring in a totem pole from British Columbia, Canada
- Adding bright colours to crin dolls from Chile
- Designing your own set of Russian nesting dolls
- Making a Hawaiian lei from tissue paper
-Around the World Colouring Book
-Around the World Fashion Sketchbook
About Lonely Planet Kids: Lonely Planet Kids - an imprint of the world's leading travel authority Lonely Planet - published its first book in 2011. Over the past 45 years, Lonely Planet has grown a dedicated global community of travellers, many of whom are now sharing a passion for exploration with their children. Lonely Planet Kids educates and encourages young readers at home and in school to learn about the world with engaging books on culture, sociology, geography, nature, history, space and more. We want to inspire the next generation of global citizens and help kids and their parents to approach life in a way that makes every day an adventure. Come explore!