Applied Wisdom: Bad News Is Good News and Other Insights That Can Help Anyone Be a Better Manager
Dieser Artikel gilt, aufgrund seiner Grösse, beim Versand als 3 Artikel!
|Success in business demands the effective management of people. James C. Morgan, who for nearly three decades led the high-tech powerhouse Applied Materials Inc. to both financial success and to the designation as one of America's most admired companies and best places to work, provides a simple, straightforward set of principles and tips that he says can help anyone be a better manager. Applied Materials is one of Silicon Valley's great success stories and it helped propel the digital revolution. But Jim Morgan's management techniques are not reserved for high-tech: Applied Wisdom shows how the same approaches, tools, and values work at any scale, from start-ups to middle management in a global corporation - and even to non-profits. Rich in stories and practical examples, it's a must-read for those seeking a timeless and proven management manual.
Advance Praise for Applied Wisdom
"I have been a beneficiary of Jim's wisdom and this book makes his wisdom come alive for new and experienced leaders alike."
- Henry M. Paulson, Chairman, The Paulson Institute, former U.S. Treasury Secretary
"Managers of any size business or non-profit group will find solid advice for building agile and effective organizations."
- Meg Whitman, CEO, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, former CEO of eBay
"Jim is one of the icons of Silicon Valley… Applied Wisdom reinforces the importance of going beyond slogans and lip service and committing to basic, but very important values."
- Willem P. Roelandts, Chairman of the Board of Applied Materials, Inc., 30-year veteran of Hewlett-Packard Co.
"Applied Wisdom is a treasure trove of useful insights from a true master of leadership in the business of technology."
- G. Dan Hutcheson, CEO and Chairman of VLSI Research
"Applied Wisdom is a must-read for anyone who wants to have a more productive, focused and motivated team."
- Mark R. Tercek, President and CEO, The Nature Conservancy
"If you want to be a better manager follow Jim's straightforward prescription and tips."
- Heidi Roizen, Operating Partner, DFJ; Fenwick and West Entrepreneurship Educator, Dept. of Engineering, Stanford University