Masterminds of Programming: Conversations with the Creators of Major Programming Languages
Dieser Artikel gilt, aufgrund seiner Grösse, beim Versand als 3 Artikel!
Masterminds of Programming features incisive interviews with the creators of several historic and highly influential programming languages. From Adin D. Falkoff, who began APL in 1957, to Anders Hejlsberg, who formed the C# design team in 1999, you'll learn the process that led to specific design decisions: the goals they had in mind, the trade-offs they had to make, and how their experiences have left an impact on programming today.
Think along with James Gosling (Java), Bjarne Stroustrup (C++), and others whose vision and hard work helped shape the computer industry. Masterminds of Programming includes individual interviews with:
* Alfred Aho, Peter Weinberger, and Brian Kernighan: AWK (1977)
* Charles H Moore: FORTH (1968)
* James Gosling: Java (1995)
* Grady Booch, Ivar Jacobson, and James Rumbaugh: UML (1997)
* Adin D. Falkoff: APL (1964)
* Robin Milner: functional language ML (1973)
* Simon Peyton Jones: functional language Haskell (1990)
* Donald D. Chamberlin and Raymond F. Boyce: SQL (1974)
* Bjarne Stroustrup: C++ (1983)
* Anders Hejlsberg: Delphi inventor and lead developer of C# (2001)
* Guido van Rossum: Python (1991)
* Larry Wall: Perl (1987)
If you're a programmer or system designer, the detailed interviews in Masterminds of Programming offer valuable advice you can apply to systems you're developing, even if you don't use the specific languages being discussed. Anyone interested in the history of the computer age will find this book indispensable.