Experience the heart and soul of Napa Valley. Truly Napa Valley, The Experience Guide showcases the very best Napa Valley has to offer. Created by full-time traveler Sharon Pieniak, Truly Napa Valley features beautiful photography, up-to-date information and personal tips only an embedded traveler could share. Free of any paid advertising, Truly Napa Valley is a refreshing new kind of guide for Napa Valley.
Wine tasting in Napa Valley often means a crowded, standing-room-only tasting bar. With Truly Napa Valley, travelers can discover wineries that offer something more, including incredible vistas, magnificent estates, ATV vineyard tours, eclectic art collections or just a down-home conversation around the kitchen table. Dog-friendly and picnic-friendly wineries are easily identified too.
Truly Napa Valley also includes world-class restaurants, scenic back roads, charming downtowns, trails, and non-wine diversions. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy trails geared toward dog-walking, biking, hiking and horseback riding. Wine neophytes will appreciate detailed wine tasting tips and a concise Napa Valley primer. A comprehensive listing of non-wine diversions offer a balance of culture and entertainment.
Written, photographed and designed by Sharon Pieniak, Truly Napa Valley shares experiences new to even some locals. "Traveling and living in an Airstream trailer allows me to really dig in and discover the beauty and unique pulse of a place," Sharon says. "I wanted Truly Napa Valley to feel like you've got a local best friend showing you all the best spots." Sharon includes personal, handwritten notes throughout the guide and even Harley, her canine sidekick has a say.
• Wineries: Twenty-nine of Napa Valley's best, both on and off the beaten path, selected based on the experience offered.
• Downtowns: All four of them - Napa, Yountville, St. Helena and Calistoga.
• Eats + Drinks: Over 65 restaurant listings for every budget and taste.
• Scenic Drives: and stops along the way.
• Trails: Easy walks, ambitious climbs, and even secret local swimming holes.
• Non-Wine Diversions: History, entertainment and culture
• Plus: The Art of Wine Tasting, Picnic Tips, The Wine Train, A Napa Valley Primer, Local Tips and Famous Quotes.
Sharon Pieniak, creator of Truly Napa Valley, has been traveling and living in her 20' Airstream travel trailer since 2007, sharing the beauty of America and exploring the art of nomadic living. She has been featured in Marie Claire, Bloomberg BusinessWeek and a number of blogs and newspapers. Travel with her and her dog Harley at http://www.joyridesofamerica.com.